alk. 145,96 €
COLOURS FOR LIFE Ecolith exterior No. 594
High-quality mineral facade paint with very good adhesive properties on mineral substrates, old coatings and plasters, available in 134 colour shades. This ecological paint has an excellent covering power, is easy to apply and particularly economical in use. This premium product results from the combination of AURO’s many years of research on natural raw materials and the superb characteristics of graphene.
Ecolith is extremely flexible, very durable and universally usable on all common exterior surfaces. Due to the high share of mineral raw materials, Ecolith helps to prevent mould infestation. The quick drying allows to recoat the surface already after 4 hours. Generally, two coats show good results.
Valitse kuinka monta kappaletta mitäkin purkkikokoa haluat
Dilute with 10% of water and stir well before use. Apply evenly and quickly by brush or roller. Observe 4 hours drying time between coats.
For coloured design on interior surfaces, use COLOURS FOR LIFE Ecolith interior No. 584.
Type of material
Particularly abrasion-resistant exterior lime paint with graphene technology, available in 134 colour shades. Ideal for matt white
mineral finishes on faÁades. Suitable for first coating or renovation. Also suited for interior surfaces.
Paint for coloured coatings on mineral substrates, e.g. plaster, concrete, lime-sand stone, dispersions, lime paint, mineral paints and
other reworkable old coatings.
– Consistently ecological choice of raw materials.
– Resistant to mould due to high alcalinity of the product.
– Highly moisture-vapour permeable (sd value class 1); non-flammable.
– Suitable for the remineralization of facades with plastic coatings
– Wet abrasion resistance according to EN13300: class 2, can vary from one shade to another.
– Excellent covering power. Glazing in wet state, dries up opaque white.
– No formaldehyde or VOC emissions.
– Product is purely mineral, no organic binding agent.
– High grade lime and graphene produce a natural matt surface.
EN 1504-2 Surface protection systems for concrete moisture control: tensile adhesion strength ≥ 2 N/mm2.
Water absorption due to capillary action w < 0,01 kg/m2/h 0,5.
Water, calcium hydroxide, titanium dioxide, mineral pigments, mineral fillers, silicates, cellulose, graphene. See the current full
declaration and our raw material guide on www.auro.de.
Available in 134 shades displayed in the COLOURS FOR LIFE colour tone fan and on www.auro.de/en. Colour effect can vary depending
on substrate condition and variations in application. Mix products with different batch numbers prior to application to offset batch-
induced differences. It is recommended to make representative test coatings before application on large areas to check the colour
effect. After application, claims based on colour tone variations cannot be accepted.
Apply swiftly and evenly, without lap marks, with brush or roller. For a consistent coating we recommend a short-piled wall paint
roller. The product can be sprayed, e.g. with Storch Airless equipment SL1000, 1500, or the like.
Drying time in standard climate (20 °C / 65% relative air humidity)
– Recoatable after approx. 4 hours, depending on temperature, air and substrate humidity.
– Low temperatures delay the drying process.
– High air humidity promotes the carbonation (hardening through carbon dioxide).
– Final strength is obtained after several weeks.
Density 1,45 bis 1,5 g/ml, dependent on colour tone.
Thinner The product is not ready for use, it must be diluted with approximately 10% of water before use.
Approx. 0.06-0.10 l/m2 per coat (1 l for approx. 16 m2), on smooth, slightly absorptive surfaces. May vary depending on the application
method, texture and surface absorptivity. Determine exact consumption on sample.
Cleaning of tools
Press product residues out of brushes or rollers immediately after use and wash thoroughly in water. If necessary, add AURO Plant
Soap No. 411*. Avoid paint splashes and overlaps, remove material immediately.
Store cool, dry, frost-free, out of reach of children, tightly closed original container. Before closing the container, remove paint
residues from the lid and the edge of container. Storage stability In original closed container at 18 °C: 24 months.
Packaging material Polypropylene.
Dried residues or residues hardened with cement can be disposed of as construction waste or household waste. Empty containers can
be recycled. Liquid residues: EWC code 080120, designation: Watery suspension; dispose according to the corresponding regulation.
Safety advice Contains calcium hydroxide. Hazard designation: Code letter, risk designation: C, corrosive. Hazard class Does not apply.
Strongly alkaline, ph value > 12. For information on the safe handling of the product, for product labelling and for hazardous goods
regulations, please refer to the current Safety Data Sheet and the product label.
Technical Data Sheet
EU-VOC limit value according to 2004/42/EGII A (aWb): 30 g/l; product VOC: < 1 g/l. GISCODE BSW 60.
AURO No. 594
Technical recommendations for application
AURO COLOURS FOR LIFE
Ecolith exterior lime paint No. 594
1.1 Suitable substrates indoors
Mineral substrates, plaster, concrete, lime sand brick, clay, lime, mineral paints, reworkable old coatings, also plastic-based
1.2 Unsuitable substrates
Wood, synthetics, surfaces similar to synthetics, glossy and gloss-like coatings, non-adhering, unstable old coatings, oil paints or
natural resin paints.
1.3 General substrate requirements
Substrate must be dry, solid, supportive, adhesive, slightly absorptive, water-wettable, clean, free of dust, oil, grease, efflorescence
and ingredients bleeding through, and must not be chalky or crumbling.
2. COATING SYSTEM
2.1 Substrate preparation
– Loose elements, dust, soiling, substrates containing oils or synthetics must be removed completely.
– Remove sinter skin through grinding, remove separating agents by washing, use e.g. AURO Paint and stain cleaner No. 435*.
– Brush dry or wash all chalking or smeary substrates.
– Remove algae, fungi, lichens and the other soilings with suitable products.
– Remove badly adhering, peeling coatings completely. Repair surface damages with suitable materials.
– Structural cracks, as well as moisture problems due to capillary effects or condensation have to be removed before surface coating.
– Protect adjacent areas, especially glass, ceramics, wood, metal, from staining.
2.2 Basic treatment
– For coloured coatings it is indispensible to provide for a uniform absorbency of the substrate in order to minimize the cloudiness of
– Non-absorbing substrates, reworkable old coatings, plastic dispersions, dense filling compounds: Clean and roughen the surface.
– Absorbing substrates, e.g. concrete, plaster, brick etc.: Prime with AURO Plaster primer No. 301*.
– Lime-based coatings can show a temporary transparency when in direct contact with rainwater. In order to level this effect,
substrates with colour contrasts (e.g. patches of plaster, remnants of old coatings) should be primed with AURO Grip coat No. 506*.
2.3 Final treatment
– After preparing the surface appropriately, apply two coats of AURO Ecolith exterior lime paint, diluted with 10 % water. A third coat
can be applied to prolong the durability of the coating. Renovation coats of the same colour may need only one coat.
– Keep the minimum drying time of four hours between coats (at 20 °C / 50-75% relative air humidity).
– Protect the painted surface from rain for at least four days.
– Masking work can take place after at least three days of drying time.
– Ecolith products should be spread onto the surface in thin layers.
– Application temperature 8 °C min., 30 °C max., max. relative air humidity 85%, ideally 18-25 °C at 50-75% relative air humidity.
– Stir well before and during use.
– Do not mix with products other than those recommended.
– Leave new plaster uncoated to dry for at least 4 weeks.
– Lime paints should preferably be applied with a wide brush in crossing movements. When rolling, finish the application process by
levelling the surface by rolling in vertical direction without taking up new paint.
– Processing or applying corrections on partly dried surfaces leads to brindle surface appearance.
– Avoid direct exposure to sunlight, moisture influences and dirt during the application and drying.
– Slightly cloudy surfaces, stains, efflorescence and chalking are properties typical for this kind of product.
– Slight differences between batches result from the use of natural ingredients. Mix different batches before application.
– Discolorations and adherence problems might occur due to various substrate-related factors.
– Product does not contain any special anti-mould or anti-fungi agents.
– All coating work must be adapted to the given object and its use or/and tested on samples.
– Product can cause allergies.
* See respective Technical Data Sheets.
The Technical Data Sheet gives recommendations and examples of possible use. No liability or other legal responsibility can be derived. Use of the advice does not create any legal relationship. The
Information provided is based on our present knowledge and does not exempt the user from his personal responsibility. The respective state-of-the-art practices must be observed when implementing
coating work and the required preparations. The conditions on site and the product’s suitability must be checked appropriately and professionally. With publication of a new edition this technical data
sheet is no longer valid. Status: August 2019
AURO Pflanzenchemie AG ï P.O. Box 12 38 ï D-38002 Braunschweig ï Tel. +49(0)5 31 2 81 41 41 ï www.auro.de